Browse the Au Pair Belgium programme, and if you love it and meet the qualification requirements – click APPLY to start your exciting journey!
Au Pair Belgium
Our cultural Au Pair program runs for a duration 12months. We link you up with a friendly host family, so that you can get the authentic feel of Belgium.
There’s an awesome mix of vibes in Belgium. Old and new areas and busy commercial districts – it’s somewhere where you really can have the best of both worlds. Hop on a bike and zoom around the city taking in the architecture, views and all that makes the city special. No doubt you’ll soak up plenty of the buzz along the way!
Belgium is a travel destination made for history buffs and chocolate addicts. Though the nation is small, it plays a big part in the world’s history. If you’ve had your history fill, you can kick your feet back and relax at one of the 1,000 breweries in the small country where you can sip on a cold beer while you munch on frites.
Au pair Requirements:
- You must be 18-26 years old
- Have Grade 12 or equivalent
- Have childcare experience
- Understand and speak English well
- Have a love for kids & be caring
- Agree to commit for 12months
- Basic cooking skills
- Be in good health. Only non-smokers are accepted
- A valid Passport (or proof that you have applied for one)
- Unmarried & no kids of your own
- No criminal record
Au pair responsibilities
- Take the kids to school, play dates and pick them up afterwards
- Prepare meals for the kids
- Help kids with homework
- Help prepare the kids for the day’s activities
- Assist with general child-related chores, such as laundry, tidying the children’s bedrooms and play areas
Toggle content goes here, click edit button to change this text.
INCLUSIONS ON THE PROGRAM
COSTS PAID BEFORE DEPARTURE
VISA handling fee: R3 200
Program Fee: R7 500
Police clearance: R100
Medical Certificate: R1400
THE AMOUNTS SHOWN ABOVE ARE ESTIMATES AND MAY VARY ACCORDING TO PRICE CHANGES
Okay, we know this is a long form. This is because the more info we get from you up front, the quicker we can process your application and get going on the important part of finding your perfect placement. Please take the time to fill this out carefully, and we’ll get onto it straight away. If you’d like to discuss the options or have any questions that aren’t answered here, please feel free to contact us
What to expect…
- HT will receive the application in full and ensure all the REQUIRED documents are correct
- HT will review the profile: if you qualify, you will be accepted on to the program
- Your Profile will be shared with our data base of families
- Profiles of potential families will be mailed through to you for review
- Interviews: families will email you to do an interview. Please have a look at the Interview guidelines before interviewing with the family
- You may have to do a few interviews to find the the right “match”
- If both you and the family agree on the match then we have hit a hole in one!
- HT will be notified from our families that they would like to proceed
- Flight Booking: HT will arrange for the flight to booked with our travel partners
- Visa booking: HT will arrange for the supporting documentation to be sent through so you can attend the visa appointment
- Departure: You have your passport and off you go!