Sam Beckbessinger has spent most of the past decade building apps and tools to help regular people manage their money better, and is the author of the best-selling Manage Your Money Like a F*cking Grown-up, now sold in six countries. She co-founded a financial technology business called Inves Capital, blogs and speaks about personal finance, writes fiction, and was selected as a Mandela Washington Fellow for Young African Leaders at Yale University in 2014.
Manage Your Money Like a F*cking Grownup (SA edition) R179
You’re going to earn plenty of money over your lifetime. Are you going to waste it on stupid crap that doesn’t make you happy, or let it buy your freedom and your most audacious dreams?
We never get an instruction manual about how money works. Most of what we learn about money comes from advertising or from other people who know as little as we do. No wonder we make such basic mistakes. No wonder we feel disempowered and scared. No wonder so many of us just decide to stick our heads in the damn sand and never deal with it. In Manage Your Money Like a F*cking Grown Up, Sam Beckbessinger tells it to you straight: how to take control of your money to take control of your life.
In this clear and engaging basic guide to managing your finances, you will learn;
- How to trick your dumb brain into saving more, without giving up fun
- How to make a bona fide grown-up budget
- Why you need to forget what you’ve learned about credit
- How to negotiate a raise
- Why buying a house (probably) won’t make you rich
- The one super-simple investment you need
With helpful exercises, informative illustrations (also: kittens) and straightforward advice, Sam doesn’t shy away from the psychology of money, and is empowering, humorous and helpful.
- A video course, designed to be completed in around 1 hour, which covers the most important principles you need to know about personal finances.
- A book, that goes into a little more detail and includes plenty of practical tips.
- This book is available as either an eBook or hard copy. If you’d like a physical book, there will be an additional delivery fee based on your address.