Browse the Au Pair Italy programme, and if you love it and meet the qualification requirements – click APPLY to start your exciting journey!
Au Pair Italy
Our cultural Au Pair program runs for a duration of 6-12 weeks. We link you up with a friendly host family, so that you can get the authentic feel of Italy. Ever wondered what the Colosseum or the leaning Tower of Pisa looks like in person? Or if Pizza tastes better in its country of origin? Our cultural Au Pair program is the perfect platform for you to be able to find out for yourself. We offer all young, bright and vibrant individuals an offer they cannot refuse.
If you are taking a gap year after school or if you’re wanting to take a break after your studies, let us help you make the most of it. Learn a different language, do the eating part of “Eat, Pray, Love”! Find the passion the Italians are famous for!
Italy is a must-visit country, and one of the most-travelled destinations in Europe—there are so many highlights in this beautiful country. The canals of Venice, the Tuscan wine lands, the cobblestone streets of Rome, the Arno river running through Florence, to the cliffs of Positano, and beyond.
Au pair Requirements:
- You must be 18-29 years old
- Have Grade 12 or equivalent
- Have childcare experience
- Understand and speak English well
- Have a love for kids & be caring
- Agree to commit for 3months
- Be in good health. Only non-smokers are accepted
- A valid Passport (or proof that you have applied for one)
- Unmarried & no kids of your own
- No criminal record
Au pair responsibilities
- Take the kids to school, play dates and pick them up afterwards
- Prepare meals for the kids
- Help kids with homework
- Help prepare the kids for the day’s activities
- Assist with general child-related chores, such as laundry, tidying the children’s bedrooms and play areas
Okay, we know this is a long form. This is because the more info we get from you up front, the quicker we can process your application and get going on the important part of finding your perfect placement. Please take the time to fill this out carefully, and we’ll get onto it straight away. If you’d like to discuss the options or have any questions that aren’t answered here, please feel free to contact us
What to expect…
- HT will receive the application in full and ensure all the REQUIRED documents are correct
- HT will review the profile: if you qualify, you will be accepted on to the program
- Your Profile will be shared with our data base of families
- Profiles of potential families will be mailed through to you for review
- Interviews: families will email you to do an interview. Please have a look at the Interview guidelines before interviewing with the family
- You may have to do a few interviews to find the the right “match”
- If both you and the family agree on the match then we have hit a hole in one!
- HT will be notified from our families that they would like to proceed
- Flight Booking: HT will arrange for the flight to booked with our travel partners
- Visa booking: HT will arrange for the supporting documentation to be sent through so you can attend the visa appointment
- Departure: You have your passport and off you go!