Browse the Au Pair USA programme, and if you love it and meet the qualification requirements – click APPLY to start your exciting journey!
Au Pair Usa
Bright Lights, Big Cities
Our cultural Au Pair program runs for a duration of 12months. We link you up with a friendly host family, so that you can get the authentic feel of USA.
America is the birthplace of LA, Las Vegas, Chicago, Miami, Boston and New York City – each a brimming metropolis whose name alone whips up a million different notions of culture, cuisine and entertainment.
Each state offers its unique style – whether you’re looking to experience a relaxing tropical city, snow filled adventure, or the wonders of their incredible National Parks, there’s something for every kind of traveller!
The United States is the perfect destination for scenic drives, delicious food, cosmopolitan city life, wilderness, cultural diversity, beautiful beaches, and so much more!
Au pair Requirements:
- You must be 18-26 years old
- Have Grade 12 or equivalent
- Have 200 hours of childcare experience
- Understand and speak English well
- Have a love for kids & be caring
- Agree to commit for 12months
- Be in good health. Only non-smokers are accepted
- A valid Passport (or proof that you have applied for one)
- No criminal record
Au pair responsibilities
- Take the kids to school, play dates and pick them up afterwards
- Prepare meals for the kids
- Help kids with homework
- Help prepare the kids for the day’s activities
- Assist with general child-related chores, such as laundry, tidying the children’s bedrooms and play areas
Okay, we know this is a long form. This is because the more info we get from you up front, the quicker we can process your application and get going on the important part of finding your perfect placement. Please take the time to fill this out carefully, and we’ll get onto it straight away. If you’d like to discuss the options or have any questions that aren’t answered here, please feel free to contact us
What to expect…
- HT receives the application in full and ensures all the REQUIRED documents are received
- HT will review the profile – if you qualify you will be accepted on the program
- HT will mail you the login details to apply on our partners portal. The Portal requires a Sh*@t ton of info but this is to ensure your profile is up to scratch. Application should take you 2-3hours to complete.
- HT will need to approve your profile before it can go live for families to view
- Interviews: families will email you to do interviews. Please have a look at the Interview guidelines before interviewing with families
- You may have to do a few interviews to find a the right “match”
- If both you and the family agree on the match then we have hit a hole in one!
- HT will be notified from our partner that they would like to proceed
- Flight Booking: Confirmation mail will be sent with your flight ticket
- Visa booking: HT will arrange for the supporting documentation to be sent so you can attend the visa appointment. The Visa process is tedious but its to ensure that you have all your documents in check!
- Departure: You have your passport in hand and off you go!