Spend your summer living and working in the USA, becoming a local in no time. Maximize your time off at camp exploring the local area, nearby towns, and cities. Extend your American journey for 30 days post-camp to travel and discover the diverse landscapes on any budget, perfect for an epic road trip.
The Summer Camp Experience
The Summer Camp experience duration is 63 days. Hopscotch Travel ensures you’re placed with a safe camp, allowing you to fully engage in the experience. Camps offer accommodation (a shared room) and meals during your entire stay.
- 18 -26 years old
- 200 hours of student work experience (proven interest in working with children)
- Commit for 9 – 12 weeks (May to September. Camps dates vary depending on camp)
- Understand and speak English well
- Be in good health. Only non-smokers are accepted
- A valid Passport (or proof that you have applied for one)
- No criminal record
Camps are located all over the United States in both rural and city settings offering a variety of different experiences.
Types of Camps
- Private Camps: Privately owned and run by individuals or families.
- Non-Profit Camps: Owned and run by non-profit organizations.
- Specialty Camps: Dedicated to one specific activity or specialty.
- Special Needs Camps: Dedicated to children and adults with disabilities.
- Religious Camps: With a religious emphasis, primarily Christian and Jewish camps.
- Single-Gender Camps: One gender, boys or girls.
Included in this experience:
COSTS PAID BEFORE DEPARTURE
Flights: +- R 15,000
VISA fee: R 2,683
Placement Fee: R 9,000
Medical Check: R 250
Police Clearance Certificate: R 265
The amounts shown above are estimates and may very according to price changes.
How to apply
The form below is the official Seasonal Application form. Please complete this form thoughtfully, and we’ll begin processing your application. If you wish to explore other experiences or have inquiries not covered here, you can book a 20 min info session with the experience coordinator here.
If you are unsure whether this is the experience for you, please complete our “Get Started” form to check your eligibility.
Hopscotch Travel will review your application to ensure all the required information is correct
If you qualify our work and travel expert will contact, you for an online interview. If your interview is successful, you will be accepted to the experience of your choice.
Your questions answered
Please head over to our Seasonal Experiences FAQS page for a comprehensive list of questions and answers. It’s everything you need to know from how it works, to the interview process, to being placed with your host family.
If you’re absolutely certain that you meet the requirements for the work and travel experience, you can APPLY NOW! Alternatively, use the GET STARTED button to check your eligibility.
It’s just 8 simple steps—and rely on us to help you along the way!